Monday, March 23, 2009

Wellness at Home

Hi.

I am Dr. Ray Ricardo  I am a physician and a US board certified Pathologist and my special field of interest is immunology, particularly in the area  of psychoneuroimmunology.  I practiced pathology in several hospitals in many states, but I spent most of my time in New York City, where I did my internship and residency (NYU-Bellevue-VA Medical Center) and in Williamsburg, Virginia. I have recently semiretired in the Philippines and I devote most of my time now in teaching, research and business. As a result of my expertise in immunology I decided to get involved in researching antioxidants and how they impact the immune system, the aging process, and cancer. I also formed a group of doctors and businessmen, and together we put up TOTALMED INC. a multispecialty ambulatory clinic and diagnostic center in Subic Bay, in the former US Subic Naval Base. Our next project is to put up a hospital and an International College of Integrative Medicine (ICIM).  Most of the physicians and board members of TOTALMED, including myself, are believers of holistic and alternative medicine, and the mission of the ICIM is to spread the knowledge and practice  of Integrative or Complementary Medicine, which is a combination  of Western (Allopathic), and Eastern (Holistic) Medicine.  This practice of Medicine integrates the age old wisdom and knowledge of Eastern Medicine and the scientific rigor and discipline of Western Medicine.  Integrative Medicine emphasizes prevention as well as cure of disease, and focuses on the totality and wholeness of the patient’s mind, body and spirit. It has become mainstream in the US, Canada, Europe and the rest of the Western world. 

I have many colleagues and members in our organization and readers who are retired, semiretired, in part time jobs or home businesses and I have decided to put up this blog and use my expertise to help them succeed.  Many of them are network or affiliate marketers of health and wellness products and this site will keep them abreast of important news, developments and knowledge about health and wellness in general as well as about health supplements in particular. In addition, I will also have very helpful educational products on how to succeed in MLM  using highly secret techniques of MLM  masters and gurus that only the high income marketers know and use.

This blog will be devoted mostly to the publication and discussion of common diseases, treatments,   health issues, products, books, articles, and companies, especially those related to antioxidants, the immune system, cancer, aging, beauty, wellness, and preventive medicine. For instance, there is a new and exciting science called nutrigenomics. Read about it in this issue , as discussed and presented by Dr. Mark Hyman, best selling author of “The UltraMind Solution: Fix Your Broken Brain By Healing Your Body First (Scribner, 2008)” in the March issue of Life Extension Magazine.  Dr. Hyman calls himself an “accidental psychiatrist,” and a “medical detective” and is a physician whose efforts to help people find and eliminate the causes of their physical disorders have led to the surprising discovery that his treatments often cure their mental problems as well. This issue also presents an article from WebMD about how more than 1 in 3 cancers are preventable. I scour and research the  medical and lay literature  to bring you health issues that are of common concern and I will write about these and add my personal comments and would appreciate your adding your personal input. Occasionally, I will devote time and space to some of our products which are marketed via the network, affiliate or MLM system. I believe the MLM system of marketing, if done properly, is a valid, effective and successful form of marketing, and has helped many home business owners earn a reasonable and sometimes, substantial income.  From time to time I will discuss topics and give out free copies of ebooks and magazines, which I think will be of special interest and help to you, our readers. Many of you are engaged in the distribution and marketing of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and similar products through MLM and you need to keep current with developments in this field.  I hope to be able to contribute my knowledge, expertise and research to your success.

Enjoy.

Ray Ricardo, MD, FCAP